Monday, April 04, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes!

Whew!.. what a close match that was between India & Srilanka. Congrats to the Indian Cricket team for emerging champions and winning the coveted World Cup. As for me, I had a wonderful weekend, rising early (3:30 AM CST!!!) to watch the nail-biting grand finale, shouting..clapping for the runs and wickets:)..and..and..gulping scoops of icecream whenever an opponent wicket fell..;)
April has started good for me..was able to make some cards over the weekend..:)..

This is my first paper pieced card..couldn't wait to try this technique with the little cup cakes from my birthday stamp set. Loved the way the cupcakes have turned out..added some glitter and glossy accents on the banner and cakes. Guess my stamping needs more practice as the stamped sentiment appears faded towards the end!
















The inside of the card says


7 comments:

  1. Lovely card.Great job on the paper piecing.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Wonderful colors make the cupcakes look so real. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card !
    Thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    All the best to you, Jóna DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little card! Thanks for sharing it with us at MY Grafico Anything Goes Monthly Challenge!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cupcakes. I want to have one!!! ;-) Thanks for joining us at MyGrafico.

    Thanks,
    Pankti
    http://paintdlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have choosen you for Stylish Blog Award. Please check my blog for info.

    http://craftzonespn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete