Friday, September 09, 2011

Ribbon Flower!

Just popping in to share a card that I created for a few of my favourite challenges:).. I love E.T.s creations and she makes some of the most gorgeous cards I have ever seen. I wanted to try her ribbon flower technique and while I did find it difficult to match her finish, mine managed to look like a flower and I liked the way it turned out. I used a wired ribbon (both the ends are wired and it is easy to ruffle them) and included a brad to the flower center to complete the flower.  I should say that one can never go wrong in making flowers out of ribbon and they tend to come out lovely always!:)

I loved the Card Patterns Sketch for this week and it was the perfect base for my card. I got to use my new Lawn Fawn stamps (Yippee.I was sure excited to hold them and stamp!)..they are so awesome and perfect.

This card goes to the below challenges
Do More With Less - E.Ts Ribbon Challenge
Wee Memories - Simply Sentiments
Card Patterns - Sketch 131

11 comments:

  1. priya di !
    This is drop dead gorguss !
    i love every bit of it .. from flower to color to sentiment !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Priya...love the flower with the brad in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B'ful! Lovely colors..... and the ribbon flower is so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your creations are equally amazing! This flower is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ribbon is BEAUTIFUL!! as well as the card! thanks for stopping by my blog today, leaving a sweet comment! :-) Have a great weekend~ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and lovely sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS flower sweetie! Love the card patterns sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loovee the flower with the brad, love the new lawn fawn you've got..looking forward to some super cute cards from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Priya such a gorgeous material you have used for the flower-- it looks so dreamy!!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous creation! especially the ribbon flower! beautiful beautiful!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card! Love the combination of elements and your ribbon flower is beautiful!

    Thanks for playing along with my guest Erum's ribbon challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete