Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Anniversary Mini

Its good to be back, this time to share a favorite project I completed months back but couldn't get around to post here.

I love making mini albums and one of my goals this year was to scrapbook at least 2 mini albums. I list goals every year, which eventually get carried over to the next year!! :)  But this time I actually worked towards making it happen!! Mini albums are adorable and provide a great way to get creative with photos, words and embellishments. Throw in some mixed media and you are on game! Totally enjoyed playing around, starting simple before digging deeper into the game and it was fun indeed.

Mixed media has always amazed me. The fact that there is no limit to the art medium and stuff you can use makes it all the more inviting, doable and fun. So excited to share the album I made as an anniversary gift to my husband.




The title page was inspired by Paige Evan 's layout and I finally put my Tim Holtz alphabets mask to use, did some watercoloring and handstitched the alphas. The hearts on the arrow is a free cut file from The Cut Shoppe


I started off simple experimenting with colors and medium as I went over each page. While some pages came out good beyond my expectations, few were okay and could have been done better. Its all about learning and not fretting much, reminding myself to have fun playing with watercolors, embossing, stamping and embellishing.


The inside pages of the album. The idea was to do two photos for every year leading to our 9th year. 

The right hand hearts page below was inspired by Geralyn's  layout from the Studio Calico gallery. I love love her layouts and project life but her travel mini albums are my favorite!


Sometimes the mojo would be missing as is visible (to me) on the left hand page below. But the creative mind gets back to you good enough and the results are beyond what you seem to expect. The right hand page is one of my favorite from the lot though the picture below doesn't do justice to it. I seriously need to learn to take better pictures. Any tips for that??



At the time of working on this mini, I didn't have much pictures for the current year with just the two of us and hence used a favorite from the previous year. It's okay to change rules for the better, right;)


I had a fabulous time making this mini album and feeling good with myself for coming out of my comfort zone and trying out new possibilities.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed looking through it!

2 comments: