Friday, September 23, 2016

Hola!

Hola! Cómo están? For the love of languages, my very minimal knowledge of  Spanish surfaced a little as I worked on my Mexico Travel Mini in bits and pieces and finally came around to sharing my finished album. One of our most memorable trips in Christmas 2015 and it was a joy to relive those days thro' the photos.

The sheer bulk of the album makes me happy. This post is photo heavy as I share a few pages from our trip. I chose a red Becky Higgins album for two reasons - First, the red reminded me of the Christmas holidays when we did the vacation; Secondly and mainly, I got the album on a deal(ha!)
Being winter in Dallas at that time, we longed for some sunshine and Mexico was an ideal choice to have fun in the sun and relax at the beach. 



Aswe drove around town from the airport to the ferry station, we took in the surroundings and felt super excited about our days at this new place. We ferried from Cancun to Cozumel after a dinner break at Senor Frog's. Here I included the ferry tickets and cards from the restaurant.


The story stamps from Ali Edwards are so versatile and awesome to beautify my photos:). I like stamping directly on my photos as I did here using the stamps from the story kits. I used the Sunshine Value kit and cards from my kit subs all thro' the album. The "time to be awesome" is a stamp from a past Studio Calico stamp set.





The Christmas decor around the resort was lovely and we enjoyed the evenings with some traditional dances, fire shows and events for the kids.


One of my favorite spread because of the bright yellow and the stampings. Loved adding simple accents to this page.


I dieted only on desserts through out the vacation! With scrumptious cakes and all kinds of desserts, my breakfast, lunch and dinner was not stressed!!:) The kids however survived on toasts, fries, juices and pizza!


Another of my favorite spread trying to capture their silhouettes in the setting sun! It all started as an experiment and I must thank the kids for being patient with my madness in making them jump on the shore!! The "Escape" 3x4 card was from Ali Edwards' "GO" story kit and I am glad I saved that card to fit here perfectly!


The simple stories pocket pages were perfect to highlight some of the delicacies in the food arena.

On the day of Christmas we left the beaches and went for a day trip to the Chichen Itza.  I included the brochure of the ruins as it holds a map and provides more details about the archealogical site which would be a good read.  The left side is the package cover of my Story Kit sub that I reused here to hold the postcards, bills and receipts from the trip. 





Our trip ended on an exciting note as we landed back home, for the kids got lucky to be invited to the plane's cockpit! It was indeed an amazing experience what with all the controls!

The final album all complete and full!. I am so happy to have added another album to my treasures! If  you have come this far, I thank you for taking time to view my travel mini. Have a wonderful weekend! Gracias!!

No comments:

Post a Comment