Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweet Little Sunshine!!

Amidst creating cards, I wanted to scrapbook a page of my daughter. Tejal's awesome card here provided me with a wonderful theme to create the scrapbook layout. I created the rainbow with the tutorial provided by Michele Kovack, but I must admit that cutting the layered colored cardstocks was quite difficult for me. 
I sponged the base white cardstock using light blue dye ink to get the sky effect. I wanted the Sun to be quite different and wondered if I could make the spiral shape to resemble the rays. It worked and I really loved the outcome:). The black birds are quilled ones too (sorry for the poor photography).. I added the red blings at the last minute to look like fruits on the tree:). such last minute ideas seem to work!!!

It was total fun creating this page with way too many ideas and possibilities.  I had to force myself to avoid cluttering it with too much detail and bring it to a finish..lol.

I am entering this project for CraftyJC Challenge 3 – Be Inspired with my inspiration coming from Tejal's card. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic..the rainbow is way way better than I made and its just superb...love all the details, the quilled sun, quilled birds! and the rainbow pulls your eye to the picture of the little angel..
    superb project Priya! love it.

    ReplyDelete