Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Diwali!

I have been MIA from the blogworld for quite a long time (two weeks is real longg!).. have not been crafting heavily as much as I wished to, but did manage to make quite a few number (20 - my first high bunch ever) of festival cards for Diwali!. Many of my relatives and friends are here in the US and I felt that it would be a good idea to send them a handmade Diwali wish!..

As I was making multiple cards, kept the design very simple. Wanted to use a mehendi design on my card and the closest I had was the one I got as part of a Scrapabilities set. Quilled a vilaku/diya to depict the festival of lights:) and used my wood alphabet stamps for the title. Had total fun making these cards and hope the receiver feels joy too!
Entering this card to the First Anniversary Challenge at Take a Quill Pill


As Diwali is not a holiday here, we and a few of our friends celebrated the festival in advance over the weekend!. Though we couldn't burst the crackers (:(boo)..we enjoyed some sparklers and had homemade sweets/savouries followed by a grand potluck dinner:). I tried kaju katlis and for a first timer, they came out very well!:)...Wish you all a Happy and Safe Diwali!



3 comments:

  1. Such lovely cards-- liked the quilled lamps especially
    Happy Diwali
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting first time your blog and i have looked your blog really nice blog post. Diwali festival celebrate on November month. In any case you live abroad or are visiting a foreign country on any business on the special occasion, and you want to send Diwali wishes cards to India to compensate for your absence. don't worry Use a web portal such as Card Wale to order the cards online for free delivery to any part of the country.
    The website offers attractive discounts on various cards and gift items.
    http://www.cardwale.com/seasonal-events-and-holidays/diwali

    ReplyDelete